So I was sending a text blast to a few friends the other day. Most of these people are around my age, and I did get responses back from most. I think the only non-responses were from texts I sent to … office phones.
So yes, people my age do text. Don’t look so surprised, huh?
But as I get older I discover the nomenclature has changed a lot. I’m having to relearn the whole text-abbreviation thing. A lot of those I used to use no longer apply.
I found these abbreviations online, and it looks like I’m gonna have to start using some of them. Like, real soon:
- FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
- BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
- ROFL… CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing … And Can’t Get Up
- DWI: Driving While Incontinent
- LOL: Living On Lipitor
- IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
- IMHMO: In My HMO…
- BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
- GTG: Gotta Groan
- FYI: For Your Indigestion…
- JK: Just Kvetching
- TTYL: Talk To You Louder
- MILF: Meal I’d Like To Forget
- LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
- GOML: Get Off My Lawn
I’m sure there are more. Any others I might use, please share.